There are some songs that can just lift your mood, however black it may be.
1. Take this one from Woh Lamhe. In an otherwise dark and disturbing movie, this song adds the pep value. K K, generally known for a perfect rendition of defeatist songs, is high on happiness here.
Check it out.
2. I am not a fan of Vivek Oberoi though I can tolerate Dia Mirza. And to be honest, I would have liked this song from Dum to be picturised on someone else. But the rain soaked song brings with it all the monsoon freshness.
Here’s to Jeena.
3. Maana aaj ki raat hai lambi, maana din tha bhaari… what best to soothe your heart after a long tiring day than Rafi’s lullaby and the memory of Shammi Kapoor’s ever smiling face.
4. If you talk lighthearted, can you do without vintage Dev Anand? There could be many contenders to the pep value song in Dev Saab’s repertoire. Zindagi ka saath, Achha ji main haari, Ye dil na hota bechara. But for our list here’s a song that shows him as always charming his lady love, so what if she never called out to him. With the ever so fun, Kishore da.
5. And since we mentioned Kishore da, out of all the crazy songs, our list will include a not so crazy, but very optimistic song. As they say, sometimes little (or subtle) is enough.